In anticipation of the Christmas shows, I’ve been working with new shapes and colors for my Ganutell flowers. I’ve found some interesting mounts and vases, and have been experimenting with leaves. It’s lots of fun – that’s an understatement! – and I’ve been pleased with most of the results.
This one is a very light blue thread spun with silver wire, but I’ve outlined the petals with 28 gauge dark blue wire. I think it gives each of the shapes more definition and depth. I used square petals with rhinestones in the middle and crystals near the outside edges. The centers are a stamen made with dark blue ganutell wire.
The leaves are made using the new technique I’ve been working on. I’m liking the look they give to my arrangements.
I’m planning a series of posts in which I’ll share lots of resources for supplies and instruction, so stay tuned! I wish you all a lovely week!